Wedding at Narmada Winery in Amissville, Virginia
We were married at a winery in Northern Virginia in May 2016 and we would highly recommend Planet DJ and Ateet. Here are some additional specifics:
– Pre-Planning and Organization – Ateet did a great job assisting us and our wedding planner in preparing for the wedding day and reception. His scheduling and song selection tools were easy to use. He checked in with us with a conference call the week before as well to make sure all of our bases were covered;
– Sound Quality and Acoustics – The sound quality and acoustics at the reception were excellent. His speakers produced a full and rich sound in our large tented reception. He also took care of the speakers for the string trio at our outdoor ceremony;
– Song Selection – I am Indian and my now husband is white so we wanted a fusion reception that incorporated both Bhangra and contemporary American R&B/pop/rock. Ateet did an awesome job transitioning between the different music types. It was exactly what we wanted;
– Energy and Demeanor – Ateet had excellent energy! As our emcee, he got the crowd up on the dance floor. He was easy to work with and many of our guests commented to us how great they thought that he was;
– Open Air Photobooth – I highly, highly, highly recommend the open air photobooth! Our guests loved it! It was wonderful to have a copy of all of the photos from the photobooth after the wedding. This was money well spent!
– Lighting – The only lighting we ordered from Planet DJ was two tower lights. We thought they made a minimal impact overall in the tent. However, this was not due to anything on the part of Ateet or Planet DJ. We would recommend working closely with a wedding planner or equipment vendor before making decisions regarding lighting. All venues, tents, and preferences are unique so this is a personal decision depending on what you want;
– Flexibility – Ateet did a great job despite some wedding day obstacles from mother nature (rain and mud). We appreciated his positive attitude and his ability to keep things on track despite a power outage.
Overall, we were impressed and would definitely pick Planet DJ again. Five Stars.