- Virginia Wedding Blog
Whether you’re at home, at the office, in school, or at the gym, chances are somewhere nearby there’s an emergency kit. While no one expects an emergency to happen, many of us like knowing we’re prepared just in case the unexpected occurs.
But that boy-scout approach to always being prepared seems to fall to the wayside when it comes to one of the biggest days of our lives – our wedding day.
If you’re planning – or have planned a wedding – here’s a question for you: have you ever considered what to pack in your wedding day emergency survival kit?
Creating an emergency kit made for your wedding day
The typical emergency survival kit has such things as gauze, bandages, aspirin, water, food supplements, flashlights and the like. While you’re wedding day emergency kit can (and perhaps should) include these items, your special day requires you to consider some “special” items.
For example, you will want some aspirin or pain reliever, as well as some skin-toned Band-Aids (thus, just like your normal emergency kit). But would your normal emergency kit include straws?
Probably not, but your wedding day kit should because, well, when you want to stay hydrated (don’t forget to pack your bottles of water) you don’t want to smear your lipstick, do you?
Straws will save the day.
Your wedding day survival kit should also include a sewing kit, backup backings for your earrings, and smelling salts. Yes, we said smelling salts. Trust us, in our experience organizing countless weddings throughout the Washington D.C. area, we’ve seen it all, including people passing out from the stress, excitement, or exhaustion.
Here are a few other not-so-normal items you may want to include in your wedding day emergency kit
– Stain remover pen: For spills and would-be stains on the dresses
– White chalk: If something gets on the wedding dress, you can usually mask the stain with chalk
– Super Glue: For fixing shoes, nails, jewelry, head pieces, and more
– Baby powder: Moisture-absorbing baby powder will help the bride feel fresh as a daisy
– Extra undergarments: For when baby powder just doesn’t cut it
– Q-tips & makeup remover
– Blotting papers: For when your makeup runs
– Lighter: For sealing the edge of frayed ribbons
– Extension cord and phone charger(s): Because we live in a connected world
Want to learn more about how to make your wedding day go off without a hitch?
The team at Planet DJ Productions has extensive experience putting on parties that go down in history. From weddings to corporate gatherings, milestone celebrations and more, we can make sure your event is enjoyed by all.