Let’s be incredibly candid here: corporate events aren’t usually known for being fun. Whether it’s a catered networking event or a celebration for your company’s most recent big accomplishment, these corporate events often lack a level of entertainment.
But that doesn’t have to be the case. Here at Planet DJ Productions, we’ve helped organize countless corporate events throughout the Washington D.C. area and, believe it or not, we know firsthand that it is possible to create an entertaining corporate event that people actually want to attend.
Here are three of our pro tips for planning events that will have your team excited for your next big outing.
Turn to your food for inspirationThere’s no reason whatsoever for you to limit your food choices to traditional appetizers. Everyone loves great food, which is why your choice of food is the best place to start injecting some fun. Here are a few ideas we’ve seen through our own experiences:
* Set up a DIY Food Bar: Pizzas, tacos, s’mores, ice cream sandwiches … each or all of these make for a great do-it-yourself food bar. This is great for picky eaters or folks with dietary restrictions, as they can easily accommodate themselves.
* Deconstructed Food: Deconstructed food is all the rage right now, and helps you put a fancy twist on regular foods. Deconstructed food refers to the idea of breaking apart elements traditionally combined together to make a dish, and serving the items separate in a unique way (such as in small glasses). You can check out some great examples on Pinterest, including this deconstructed pumpkin pie.
* Food Trucks: You could always bring in a reputable food truck or cart from your local community. Not only will it be a hit, but you’re also supporting fellow local business owners.
Go interactive with your corporate eventOne of the chief reasons to hold a corporate event is to get people mingling. One surefire way to get your guests involved with one another is to introduce interactive event activities, including: * Photo Booths: Consider renting a photo booth with props to get your guests making instant memories.
* Blank Canvas: We’ve seen great success with this – set up a large blank canvas. Guests will instinctively start scribbling on the canvas, including signing their name, offering words of wisdom or encouragement, and, perhaps, even show off their artistic skills.
* Trivia/Quiz Contest: When you host one of these contests, it’ll get guests working together on a common goal, all while having fun. Try to mix up your teams to allow coworkers who normally don’t interact to get to know each other outside of the office.
Go big on the entertainmentDo you really want your corporate event to stand out and become memorable? Then your most important step, without question, is to hire a professional corporate event DJ and emcee, who’ll set the mood and keep the party going.
Take your entertainment one step further by considering:* Scheduling a surprise performance in the middle of your event, when your guests are most likely to start getting restless.
* Bring in special performers, such as Bollywood belly dancers
Whether your corporate event guest list includes 20 or 200 people, there’s always a way to make it stand out – and there are professionals like the team here at Planet DJ Productions who are here to help.